My Liveable City Academy is conducting the following 2 Expert Programs in 2020 :
1) GREEN & SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT, in association with Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, from 22 – 26 June 2020
2) LANDSCAPE URBANISM WITH FOCUS ON CLIMATE RESILIENCE, in association with Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium, from 07 -11 September 2020
The number of participants will be restricted to 40 for each of the programs and reservations to eligible candidates will be made on first come, first serve basis. While filling in the Registration form, kindly indicate clearly which one or both courses you wish to attend.
Registration is deemed to be confirmed on payment of the registration fees. Please read the below points prior to registering :
Participants are expected to arrange their travel on their own. MLC/ IHS or MLC/KU, will be able to issue a letter of acceptance for the course on registration, so that this can be used for applying for a visa for Netherlands or Belgium. This visa (Schengen Visa) will also give access to other countries in Europe.
To travel to Rotterdam – participants will have to travel to Amsterdam (all international flights from India arrive at Amsterdam Airport). There is a direct and regular train connection from Amsterdam Airport to Rotterdam. The train ride takes a little over an hour.
To travel to Leuven – details will be updated soon.
As part of the visa application process and travel, you will be required to take adequate insurance cover. Kindly ensure that you do so. Neither MLC / HIS / KU will be taking any insurance on your behalf.
1) GREEN & SUSTAINABLE URBAN DEVELOPMENT program (Rotterdam) - participants are expected to make their own arrangements in booking their accommodation.
2) LANDSCAPE URBANISM WITH FOCUS ON CLIMATE RESILIENCE (Leuven) - The first 18 registered candidates (ie full payment received) will be able to make use of KU’s hostel facilities. Room charge will be € 35 per day (including bed linen). The hostel has a common kitchen where the persons occupying the rooms can cook their food, eat or simply gather for some common activities. Rooms have to be booked for 6 days (5 days of program + 1 day related to arrival a day before the program). All booking related formalities will have to be done directly with KU. MLC will setup the initial introductions to enable both sides carryout independent conversation.
For the rest of the participants, some information on boarding and lodging can be got from MLC (email@example.com).
• Rotterdam - While boarding, lunch and dinner costs can vary depending on the choice of each participant, an amount of Euro 125 per day may be taken as a rough indication of costs the participants will have to bear in mind.
• Leuven - details will be updated soon.
• Netherlands - Weather in June in Netherlands is pleasant (max.20-25 degree C- min. 12-15 degree C). However, the weather remains unpredictable and changes very quickly. Rains can be expected intermittently. Participants are advised to bring some warm clothes and rain gear.
• Belgium – details will be updated soon.